<VV> Lowering the heating duct

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 20:44:03 EST 2009

I finally got a little time (extremely precious around these parts)
to try to take the heater duct off in order to run the main wiring
harness over the top of it and into the cabin.  Yes, I know that I
was trying to do this in October - (see the first sentence).  I got
all of the under dash connections free and attempted to push it down
a little to see if it had any give.  There was none.  It would not
budge 1/32.  I crawled under the car to see what was obstructing it
from dropping.  It looks like the lip on the side of the heater duct
(there are lips on both sides) nearest the emergency brake cable is
on top of the metal lip that the guide for the brake cable is
attached to.  The junction of the long tunnel and the extension into
the cabin will not come apart and I really don't see how it would
even be possible.  Having them come apart should allow the extension
into the cabin to drop which in turn should allow for the long tunnel
to either be turned side ways and dropped down or slid forwards or
backwards in order to pass the harness over it and on into the cabin.

It sounds easier when I write it.

What should I try next?

Stephen