<VV> CORSA Motion

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 16:29:52 EST 2009

Folks,

Another motion on the floor and scheduled for a vote on March 7th.   The BoD has heard the many wonderful proposals and comments.  We the BoD will continue to strive to make CORSA a better organization for all the Corvair Enthusiasts. We hope this motion will be able to remove the membership restraints currently imposed by the By-Laws - Furthermore, it will provide options for future BoDs relating to membership class iniatives.  If the BoD approves this motion it will go to the Membership at Large for a vote via the Communique or possible at the general meeting in Jacksonville.

Motion Identifier: #CORSA09-2

Moved By: Scott Morehead

Seconded by: Sarah Beltrami

Motion: I move to amend and add to section(s) of the CORSA by-laws and
that the following changes if approved by the Board of Directors be
presented to the general membership for a vote: Article IV, Section 1:
"Classes of Membership" and include the addition of Article IV, Section
1.4: "Other / Special Memberships" of the CORSA By-Laws as follows:

Article IV, Sections 1: "Classes of Membership"

Membership of the Society will consist of regular members, life members,
honorary members and other / special memberships as described next:

Section 1.4: Other / Special Memberships
Granted to any person submitting a properly executed application for
membership and upon payment of appropriate dues. Other / Special
Membership(s) may or may not be granted regular membership privileges
and or benefits, however, the specific details of these membership
classification(s) will be promulgated through the development of
specific CORSA policies respectively, which are then approved by the
majority of the Board of Directors.

Please return this ballot to CORSA Secretary by March 7, 2009

Background: I move to amend and add to section(s) of the CORSA by-laws
and that the following changes if approved by the Board of Directors be
presented to the general membership for a vote: Article IV, Section 1:
“Classes of Membership” and include the addition of Article IV, Section
1.4: “Other / Special Memberships” of the CORSA By-Laws to allow for
expansion of the membership classes. Examples of other / special classes
may be but not limited to – Student Memberships, E-Communique
Memberships, Non Communique Memberships and other memberships as deemed
appropriate by members of the Board and or Executive Committee.