<VV> Bilstein Shocks for Late Model Corvairs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 02:48:31 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/1/2009 11:10:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chelvis at camano.net writes:

Hi  John:

After talking with the Bilstein rep we were able to cross  reference
KYB PN KG 5476 to Bilstein PN : B46-1738-H1.

The KYB PN is  advertised as being the application for a LM front shock.

Bilstein  shows this shock as used on Honda Passport and some Isuzus
and  Subarus.
Cannot verify if it can be installed on a Corvair without  modification
any of the attach points.

Still looking  for a rear shock to cross reference.

Bill  Chellis

I have a set of four Bilsteins which came off a late model Corvair.

Fronts are marked 288002111 and 288002069
Rears are marked 49301131049 and 49301131376

My guess would be the last three numbers are serializing, with the Part
numbers ahead. But that is just a guess. It could be all serial numbers! All
of  the shocks had a "76" stamped next to the "Bilstein" stamp. That may be
the  vintage..  I will clean them up and look for more numbers tomorrow.
Good luck.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette