<VV> White Gas

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 12:07:18 EDT 2009

My take on the unleaded gas: In my part of the country (Georgia), Amoco has
 been selling unleaded premium at least since the early 1950s. And probably
back  to the early 1940s. It was usually a penny or two higher than other
brands  of leaded premiums. We used it in our 1951 Olds super 88, and our
1953 Mercury.  When we got our first 102 hp Corvair in 1963, we used it in it.
Amoco claimed  that there was an additive added to help lubricate the
valves. The 63, 102hp  Vair ran better on Amoco unleaded than any other premium
gas we used. (much less  pinging in hot weather) I used it in my 65 Corsa most
of the time from the  time I bought it in 1966. Gulftane was so bad that I
wouldn't use it in a  lawnmower. It was cheaper than any other regular.
Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta

In a message dated 7/2/2009 10:57:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,