<VV> Stupid Driving

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Jul 4 09:53:51 EDT 2009

Mike:  You are confusing driving stupidly fast on public roads late at night
with racing.  Racing requires at least one other vehicle in approximately
the same location at the same time.  So much for definitions.

With his record of a traffic arrest once every other year, this bird brain
is "merely" a menace to the folks around him, and ought to be stripped of
his driving privileges.  And maybe his cars.  Driving is not a right.  It is
a privilege granted to us by our fellow citizens thru out local government.
Anything you have to get a license to do from any level of government is not
a "right".

Also, so far as I know, every racing organization requires a valid drivers
license to drive a race car with them.  Those who race on the track are
subject to the same laws of time, space and physics as the rest of us on the
street.  Failure to conduct themselves within those restrictions make them
irresponsible citizens, subject to the same penalties as the rest of us.

There isn't any known evidence cross referencing driving race cars with
driving stupid on the street.  Even if this nut case has legally driven race
cars, Corvair or otherwise, it does not grant him the privilege of willful
and irresponsible violation of his licensed responsibility to drive within
the laws as defined by the rest of us for the rest of us thru our local
government's).  I hope DuPage County strips him of his driving privileges,
and has Larry or JR render all his cars non-functioning for about 60 days.

Historically Your,
			James

Message: 2