<VV> Need Help at the Convention - Scoring Auditor(s)

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 18:03:41 EDT 2009

If you have not had the opportunity to meet and or work with CORSA's Executive Editor - this may be your chance.  As indicated from the below excerpts - Mike McGowan has asked the board to help find additional volunteers to help with the competitive events and auditing
of the scoring.  If you would like to help CORSA , the Executive Editor and get involved - please contact a Board Member at corsabod at corvair.org - your support is greatly appreciated!!!
Mike McGowan wrote: .................
"

 When our
Chicagoland club hosted our last International Convention in 2001, we realized
that event scores were incomplete or incorrect at banquet time, and led to the
risk of improper trophy presentations including the Edward N. Cole Award.  Since then I have devoted a lot of my time at
conventions to overseeing the administration of competitive events and auditing
of the scoring.  The idea is to correct
results before they are announced at the banquet". " I am facing another year of spending hours
each night at convention alone in my hotel room editing spreadsheets.  This is not where I should be.  I should be out meeting CORSA members,
getting story ideas and listening to their comments and suggestions.  I have tried to recruit an
apprentice/assistant/replacement but cannot find a qualified person who is willing
to devote the time.  I am asking the
Board to help find a volunteer to do this or at least to assist me, beginning
right away at this convention".