Work uniforms, was: <VV> Communiqué

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 5 14:11:08 EDT 2009

I'd say that the tie was the uniform of ALL working men back then, not just
in the Corvair factories (required Corvair content). More a matter of a
generational thing. My dad used to NEVER take off his tie or shoes, even
around the house, which is how ingrained the "business suit as a uniform"
thing was to that generation. Did get him to ditch the tie, finally after
many years of retirement, but the only time he'd take off his shoes was
either to take a shower or go to bed. We buried him without shoes. (G)

-Mark

GM uniform requirements of the day? Anyone?
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
Getting ready to go to Jacksonville next week