<VV> Just for starters

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 9 12:16:23 EDT 2009

Amazing!
I am working on the same problem on a neighbors Corvair right now.
Intermittant click or slow turn over of the motor.

Tried jumping it..........nothing.
Swapped in a different bench tested used starter......nothing
Tried a real good heavy duty battery out of one of my
Vairs..............Bingo!

Her battery was a discount auto store battery, not more than 6 months old,
so at first I figured that would not be it.
But even with a jump, it didn't work.
This could mean a short in the battery ityeself.

Started it with my battery about 20 times so far with no

And hers is a 4-speed, 66 Monza.
I was worried it might be the flywheel, but even after moving the motor by
the belt, it did not work right.

Gary Swiatowy