<VV> generator to alternator conversion

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Jul 9 16:00:04 EDT 2009

I have read Bob Helt’s Instructions for installing an internally regulated
alternator from the Feb 1985 Communiqué. Very well written (as usual for
Bob). I have all the required parts: alternator adaptor casting & gasket,
alternator, tail strap and wiring. I clearly understand the procedure
required.

I have one Question:

On my 63 Spyder, why is it necessary to replace the woven ground cable with
a standard insolated cable? Is it simply that the woven cable may not reach
the tail strap bolt on the head or is there another technical reason that
escapes me?

Dave Thompson

(New stereo & amp that needs more juice)

Westminster, CA

63 Spyder vert