<VV> Greenbrier

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 10:13:02 EDT 2009

Hey guys,
The hotel/resort says it's been around since 1778... and of course a
"greenbrier" is a thorn-bearing bush that grows wild in Appalachia (VA, WV, NC,
TN, KY and probably other states as well). I believe the plant came first,
then  the hotel, then the road, and in 1960 our beloved FCs...
;-)
Later,
Lonzo..... 2 Greenbriers... and lots of others briers here on the river
bank.

In a message dated 7/10/2009 9:56:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

> Wasn't it named for a hotel/golf course?
>  Later, JR

Tidewater people may chime in to  correct me, but
> Greenbrier is an area
> > of Chesapeake, VA.  The Greenbrier Mall is there.
--------------------------
Smitty  Says;  Where development has been so very fast it is hard to trace
the  origin of names.  If I am not mistaken it all started with a two lane
road called Greenbrier which had an interchange onto I-64.  The mall was
built there which led to the widening of Greenbrier road into Greenbrier
parkway.  Yes we did have a VairFair there because of the name. and yes  there
is now a Greenbrier golf  course.

the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/