<VV> License plate restoration

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 18:53:15 EDT 2009

The easy solution might be to find a really nice set of plates at a local
auto swap meet.  Most that I have seen aren't too expensive even for nice
ones.  Of course, it has been a while since I bought a set.  They may be more
expensive than I think.  You need to keep in mind the cost of fixing up your
existing plates including paint, other materials and the value of your time.

You also need to be concerned about whether or not they were recently
registered.  I imagine most states will not let you use a plate unless it has
fallen off the computer system.  That could be 10 years or so.

Of course, if the plates are unused and in pristine condition, some
bureaucratic bonehead might just assume that they are restored.  We know about
bureaucratic boneheads, right?

Doc
In a message dated 7/10/2009 11:10:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,