<VV> Plate News

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jul 12 01:03:52 EDT 2009

At 08:51 PM 7/11/2009, deltainc wrote:

> [...]

My favorite was the Cherokee owned by two women who shared an
abode... their personalized VA plate was:

2 DYKES

They had it for years until some "citizen" complained, whereupon the
VA DMV demanded the plates back... after a couple of years with no
problems.    The ladies in question went as far as to take it to
court to keep their personalized plates that they "paid for in good
faith which the DMV had seen no problem with issuing to begin
with".    In the end, the DMV won.

Then not long ago I saw a car in Taco Bell with the plates
LESBEAN.    I guess LESBIAN was already taken...

There's always an ass somewhere who feels it's their responsibility
(or privilege) to police the planet for the rest of us.

tony..