<VV> The unmitigated gall of some people

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 01:19:44 EDT 2009

Stopped at a hotel here in Savanah to get some shut eye before heading to
Roebling Roads in the morning. I got a call at 10 minutes to 1AM. Front desk
asked if I could move my truck because someone had their truck wedged into a
jack knife and couldn't get it out without damaging my truck. I get dressed
go down and there's this little old guy who is hunched over, and stalds
about 4' 8". I go out and drop my truck and trailer back about 20' so he can
back out of where he managed to get his rig (a 39' U-haul with a car trailer
behind it) stuck. He backs out of the way and I pull back into my spot, get
out of the truck to take a look at the front of my truck, and he pulls away
and hauls a@# up the street. Sure enough, I've got a nice crease in the
bumper cover. Checked with the hotel, and he wasn't even a guest.

A new bumper cover is probably $150. Do I call the cops and have them laugh
at me for reporting such a minor incident, or forget about it and say it was
something that could have happened in any grocery store parking lot?

Sorry for venting, but at 1AM and being totally PI$$ED, and not a chance
that I will get any more sleep tonight, what's a guy to do?

George Jones
Eastern Division Director, Corvair Society of America (CORSA)
Performance Corvair Group
Central Florida Corvair Club (Since 2009)
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
'66 Monza Coupe Custom