<VV> [FC] Carburetor Heat System

Bruce Gwyther vairman at q.com
Sun Jul 12 23:24:18 EDT 2009

  The winter/summer plate is for the  opening under the gen/alt and near the
oil cooler.  The cylinder baffles fit under the cylinders (and required for
proper cylinder cooling).  The deflector/baffle plates we are talking about
are located on each side of the engine compartment at the opening to the
fenderwell and subsequently to the air intakes on the sides of the body.
They are  'almost' triangular in shape and redirect the incoming air.  As JR
said they reduce carb icing in colder climates but are not needed in warm
climates.  The summer/winter plate allows some hot air from the drivers side
of the engine to recirulate back to the top of the engine or exit out the
back. It may help with carb icing, but not very much (especially on the
passenger side carburator).
                Bruce Gwyther (Long time FC owner---almost 30yrs)
                 Clinton, Utah
                 BCC member

Subject: Re: [FC] <VV> Carburetor Heat System