<VV> Belt Life

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 20:52:57 EDT 2009

Bill,

I have a loose belt (on my car at least) and have had the same belt on the
car for at least 5 years. I autocross and have run time trials with the
car. I  also have two CHT gauges that have never been over 300 degrees, the
thermocouples are on the bottom of the heads.

Ned

In a message dated 7/15/2009 7:30:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

Ron  wrote:

> A belt lasts ten years now so ...

I am not yet  convinced that you loose belt people are keeping your
engines as well  cooled as they could be, thus loosing in engine life
what you are gaining  in belt life.  Let's see, $10 belt vs. $Thousands
engine job  ...

Oh, I forget, nobody (very darn few at least) *drives* their cars
anymore -- they just show and race them, or worse, just park them  --

hmmm,

Bill  Strickland
the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org