<VV> Shifter shaft seal

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:43:47 EDT 2009

Yes, it's not a big deal. I use a sheet metal screw to penetrate the metal
portion of the seal, the use a big screwdriver under the head of the screw
to pry it out. Doesn't always work, but worth a try.

When fitting the new seal, coat the outside of the seal with RTV Black
before you tap it in. It will prevent any oil from seeping past the seal.

Thanks to Smitty Smith for showing that one to me.

George Jones
Eastern Division Director, Corvair Society of America (CORSA)
Performance Corvair Group
Central Florida Corvair Club (Since 2009)
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
'66 Monza Coupe Custom