<VV> My Plans for Monday

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sat Jul 18 07:48:09 EDT 2009

I'm the last of the "slip-stick" engineers...saw my very first hand-held
calculator my Senior Year (1974), an HP-35 that cost over $600 in those same
1974 dollars!  Little did I know that I have one of my own by the end of the
year, bought by my employer (Air Products & Chemicals)!

I used my Dad's Post-Hemmi (complete with the "Made in Occupied Japan"!) all
through school, though I had my own Post aluminum job and a 6" that like
every other "Science Nerd" was the bulk of my "pocket protector" payload!  I
still have that 6" in my long range shooting equipment and drag it out
occasionally to do wind calculations...impresses the hell outta all the
"kids" that think a calculator has to have buttons!

John

Hey,
That "slip stick" didn't require any batteries either.
I remember buying my first hand held calculator. It was the Texas
Instruments SR-10.
Rick