<VV> To JAX N BACK

Cliff cliff at tibweb.com
Sat Jul 18 22:45:33 EDT 2009

Well, as I mentioned a week ago, I fully intended to be a contender for the
Hard Luck Award at the CORSA convention in Jacksonville.  Thankfully, I
wasn’t even in the running.  The little car only had one hiccup the entire
1700 plus mile round trip.  I lost the bearing on the idler pulley about
10-15 miles from home.  I squealed into the driveway, much to the delight of
my adoring family.  They love to give me grief about the car.  I won’t hear
the end of this for a while.  Now, if I can just find my spare.

Anyway, the trip was a lot of fun, especially since this was the first time
I actually had my car there.  It was terribly hot as we all expected, but
there were still plenty of opportunities to get together and enjoy visiting
with old friends and playing with our cars.  A good friend of mine, Dave
Abell from Louisville captured the Ed Cole award.  That made the trip
worthwhile for me.  He’s a great guy who actually drives his car.  He’s the
original owner of the 64 Monza 110/4speed.  He has some really great stories
to tell about it.  I hope someone interviewed him about the car for the
Communiqué.

For what it’s worth, my bone stock 140 with the 3.55 rear axle, managed a
respectable 24 MPG on the highway, at an average of 65 MPH.  I was pleased
with that.  The best I have managed so far with combined city/country
driving has been 20 MPG.

Sorry not to have more to share, but I’ve been up since 4:30 and on the road
since 6:00 AM.  Time to hit the sack.

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY

66 Monza, 140/4 sp.  (Tried, tested and true)