<VV> Karmann Ghia Corvair?

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 19 16:03:01 EDT 2009

>In  many years, it was sold and used by VW in both directions of rotation.

Seth --

Are you referring  to the gear reduction transporters?  They had a
two-gear gear reduction unit at the hub for increased ground clearance
and a bit more power (remember the old, slow VW bus?) & it was my
understanding that this was with a factory reversed  differential rather
than a different unit for these rigs. Is this correct?

Brother-in-law had these on a off-road Baja he had -- I always figured
it would be a great way to put Corvair power into one -- just unreverse
the ring gear.  Seem to recall seeing repro gear-reduk units in the
veedub hot rod shop recently.

Bill Strickland