<VV> help! miss in 63

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 19 16:46:43 EDT 2009

>> changed out condensor with another new one did not help.

I will keep repeating this as long as I can, I guess -- where is it
written that "new" equates to "good"?

"Tested and proven good" is a much better concept than taking a possibly
defective new part out of a box, installing it, and expecting it to
work. Condensors are very difficult to test accurately, except by use.
Take one apart and see how cheaply they are made and tell me if you'd
like to make one  as a "quality" part for 35¢.

I will admit that having changed it with no imporvement is a good sign
that the previous one has possibly passed the "testing" phase, but it is
not a guarantee.  How about trying the "old one"?  Did the problem start
before or after the "tune-up"?

The coil, which is just a specially designed condensor, may be
exhibiting classic heat related condensor failure symptoms.  An old Rule
Of Thumb is that a miss when hot under load is often a high voltage
ignition problem.

Bill Strickland