<VV> Karmann Ghia Corvair?

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Jul 19 19:58:53 EDT 2009

The mention of the bus reduction gears reminds me of a local guy some years
ago that stuck a small Buick aluminum V8 in a bug. He also had transporter
reduction gears in it. The first time I saw it I had just pulled onto the
main road and saw something up ahead that looke really strange. I could tell
it was a VW bug but something was different. As I got closer I thought it
had a Vair engine in it. It had the stock VW wheels reversed which made it
look wider. Then I saw it was some kind of V8 with no hood at all and no
fenders! It had trailer tail lights stuck out the side of the body. As I
approached closer he goosed it and took off.
Later I met the guy and he called the thing the "Hunchin Bug" and he had
painted eyes on the headlights. When he would cruise the local drive in he
would punch the gas and it would wind up the suspension making the rear of
the car jump up and down ala the name.

Rick Norris