<VV> convention and board update

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Mon Jul 20 09:50:00 EDT 2009

All, I felt that the convention was great. Where else can you get together with so many people that have a similar interest as you and see so many Corvairs in one spot. The Concours had about 40 cars and all were excellent examples. There was everything imaginable in the car display including a tracked military vehicle with I believe a canadair engine in it. Yes it was hot but I worked around it by staying outside for an hour or hour and a half, then returning to the coolness of the inside vendor area. The inside vendor area was set up well and there was plenty of vendors. Cars no. 407 and 5999 were in the same area and Dave Newell was on hand to sell 50th anniversary coins and to talk Vairs. Harry Borgman, the designer of the original teaser ads and the 50th coin was there on hand to personally sign the coin certificates. He also talked at the CPF presentation along with Joe Casey. I did not participate in any events because I did not have a car there. It was to far to drive from Northern Iowa and I could not afford the 4 days of travel. Yes there was some damage to two concours cars when a quick thunderstorm popped up and blew through the area. It is unfortunate but stuff happens. All in all I think the convention went well. Thanks to all clubs involved for a job well done!!

Board happenings, The board met for 12 hours Monday. We heard presentations from the perspective management and publishing companies. It was decided to wait one month to ruminate on all the information and then decide on a winning candidate. Discussions were held on proposals for the CPF but no votes were taken due to final revisions being made. It was decided to have phone conferences every two months to discuss issues in addition to the normal e-mail correspondence. There was only short discussions of the list of suggestions from members and Bob Helt on improving CORSA. Not because of lack of interest but for lack of time. All the suggestions are saved and cataloged for us to view and discuss after we resolve the management and publishing issue. This is the single most important issue we face right now. A wrong decision could effect both CORSA member and non-CORSA member alike. It appears there is going to be changes to the static pages of the CORSA website in the future. There has been a volunteer(s) contacted to help rework and energize the site. This is the first step in the right direction to propel CORSA forward into the future. There was discussion of a two or three tiered membership that is going to be pursued to see if it is viable. There is alot more that went on but it would take me forever to type it all out. If you have any questions or comments please contact me off list at jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com Sorry for the long post on VV but I do not subscribe to VV talk or any other Corvair chat site. Please feel free to forward to others.

Jamie Reinhart
CORSA Central Director
ICE member
Corvanatics member