<VV> New heads, an approach...

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 15:12:26 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/12/09 1:26:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jvhroberts at aol.com writes:

IT seems  that adding an integral manifold would be not much more work, but
adding a  bolt on manifold to use stock carbs or a stock turbo setup would
be a lot more  work, plus add a failure point absent in the stock design.

The stock design was the '60's answer to making an engine cheaper, not
better; sure, they eliminated  gaskets and studs and nuts, but previous to
this design, all Chevys had separate heads and manifolds; I had never heard
that  leakage was a grave problem; it never was on any car I had ever
had----but then,  I was always going to an aftermarket intake for more carburetion.
Have you  ever seen a Carter 4-bbl carb. on a 300 cid Ford six with forged
crank?  It  went mucho fast in my '51 Kaiser coupe.

Scotty from Hollyweird
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)