<VV> New heads, an approach...

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 15:32:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/12/09 5:31:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
bwschug at charter.net writes:

Here's  an example. What does it cost to get good, deep, oversize seats
put  in a 140 head?

How deep is deep? I drew my valve seats from seats I bought at Larry's
Corvair Parts and they were 1/4" deep.  I haven't found any seats in any of  my
seat catalogues that are deeper than that.  Any information re: deeper
seats would be appreciated. The seats would be suitable to take 140 HP valves,
which are about the largest that would fit within the constraints of a
3-7/16"  bore (and, according to David Vizard, the biggest that should be fitted
into the  Corvair's bore.)

Scotty from Hollyweird
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.