<VV> new heads, VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 54, Issue 53

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 15:44:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/14/09 7:20:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
deltainc at grm.net writes:

The big  advantage with the lathe is that with bar feed, you have something
to hold  the part you are making.  With a mill approach, there is a large
expense ( and headache ) in trying to figure out how to hold that funny
shaped part.

********
In our toy car business, we have run  thousands of button heads for the
little engines, mostly all hemi-heads,  with  various double bubble,
tapered,
low compression, high squish  ... just a minute or so changing programs for
different test  heads.

*********
I think a good setup for the new heads would be 3  injectors per side, with
central mounted air throttle, or 6 Mikuni s,  with hydraulic or pnuematic
linkages on the throttle bodies.

just  some thoughts, ken campbell, deltawerkes

I had shown my images to several Fastvair contributors (including yourself)
 with the idea of using a mill to machine the head rather than turning it
on  a lathe, then milling it.  One or two of these people voiced their
approval  (it's been 50 years since I had machine shop in high school, and 35
years since  I took a course in night school at the local tech. school; they had
CNC  machines, but that was only for the advanced students.)

Scotty from Hollyweird

.
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.