<VV> Hot news, was: Convention Comments

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 21 09:41:30 EDT 2009

Come on, tell us how hot it was, Smitty.

Alba-quirky was hot ("but it's a dry heat!" - yea, so's a blast furnace),
and all the Texas conventions were insufferably hot. I remember that at one
of those, after the concours I went back to the hotel room, stripped buck
naked, and stood under the cool shower for 20 minutes while literally
wringing the heat from my body. Atlanta and DC conventions were also hot,
and steamy humid to boot.

I'm just glad this convention wasn't in June. What I found insufferable
about Florida is that the sun is SOOooooo direct. The radiant heat really
takes it out of you. Don't EVEN want to imagine what it's like in June
(summer solestice, you know). Bet even the locals stay indoors.

We'll see if I-owe-duh is any better. (G)

-Mark

home, I only arrived here last night.  Therefore I don't know what others
have written.  My opinion of the convention was that it was hot.  It was my
pleasure to note that the gates were opened to convention attendees and
parking was not a problem.  Thanks to whoever negotiated that.  Did I
mention it was hot?  I enjoyed the indoor and outdoor vendors where I
picked up a few things for my garage stock.  I felt for the outdoor vendors
because it was unsufferably hot out there.  I didn't hear any complaints
about tour buses breaking down or bad comments about any other events
except how hot it was.  I autocrossed the wagon but was saddened to note
that the other geezer wasn't there.  I don't blame you Gene.  It was hot
out there.  The wagon quit about halfway through the course on the first
lap due to an electrical failure either under the dash or in the tunnel.
After I hot wired the
>  ignition the organizers were kind enough to let me take two laps which I
enjoyed very much.  Nice log straights.  First course I have ever run where
my PG ran out of steam at 55 hundred and I had to shift out of low.  One
Hot Shoe out of KC was there demonstrating to a young lady how to drive an
Early PG.  He also demonstrated the proper way to do a 180.  I think the
pressure was on because I told him us Early guys don't like Late drivers
peeing in our pool.  In spite of the heat and waves of dizyness I had a
great time there.  My only regret was that it wasn't spectator friendly.