<VV> Hot news, was: Convention Comments

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 21 10:34:48 EDT 2009

John,

I do hope you realize I was having fun with Smitty's post. Heat has never
kept me from attending a convention. I go into it knowing full well that
some conventions are going to be a blast furnace. What gets me are the
people that whine that "it's SOOooo hot". Well, if it was cold, folks,
they'd call it winter. We have the conventions during the summer for a
reason - if nothing else, they don't salt the roads in the summer. Sure, in
most places it's stinking hot in the summer. So I spend as little time out
in the heat as possible. Concours day is the one day I allow myself to get
throughly baked. "It's a dirty job, but SOMEbody has to do it." I just wish
I could go see the cars.... LOL

But on the other hand, I DO appreciate conventions that aren't stinking
hot. Have to take the bitter with the sweet, you know.

-Mark