<VV> LM Bilstein Shocks

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Thu Jul 23 21:59:10 EDT 2009

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. LM Bilstein Shocks (Dale Dewald)
>    -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:41:40 -0400
> From: Dale Dewald <dkdewald at pasty.net>
> Subject: <VV> LM Bilstein Shocks
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
> Hello All,
>
> About 6-8 weeks ago there was a question and response about the
> fitment of
> Bilstein shock absorbers on the LM Corvair.  Someone had come up
> with a
> cross reference of a currently available shock to fit (front or
> rear, I do
> not remember).  Could that information be reposted?
>
> Dale Dewald
> Hancock, MI
>
> BTW, the Bilstein B46-0925 fits F & R of EM's and FC.

Hi Dale:

Sure can.

After talking with the Bilstein rep we were able to cross reference
KYB PN KG 5476 to Bilstein PN : B46-1738-H1.

The KYB PN is advertised as being the application for a LM front shock.

Bilstein shows this shock as used on Honda Passport and some Isuzus
and Subarus.
Cannot verify at this time if it can be installed on a Corvair without
modification to
any of the attach points.

Still looking for a rear shock to cross reference.

Bill Chellis