<VV> Convention Comments

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 24 00:10:54 EDT 2009

I think CORSA leadership and those who are members could take a cue from
Walter Elias Disney.  You see, Walt was watching his two daughter one day
riding a carousel at Griffith Park from a nearby park bench.  He thought it
would be a nice if there was a park where both yound and old could go and
have fun together and thus was born the idea of Disneyland.  From Walt's
opening day speech :

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here
age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the
challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals,
the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that
it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Just substitute CORSA as a club for Disneyland in the speech and you get:

"To all who come to this club, welcome.  CORSA is your club. Here age
relives fond memories of the past... and here youth may savor the challenge
and promise of the future.  CORSA is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and
the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a
source of joy and inspiration for all the world."

You see, young and old can have fun together and isn't that one of the main
goals of CORSA? To have fun and fellowship with each other while enjoying
our beloved cars?  Somehow there have to be accommodations made for both
young and old.  An equal give and take.  Considerations for each.
Otherwise, what is the point to it all?  Both are needed for a healthy club.
Less thinking about "ME" and more thinking about "US" as a group with a good
dose of compromise and consideration on both sides.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!