<VV> I have a problem that I hope you might help me with.

billsmileyiii at aol.com billsmileyiii at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 14:52:45 EDT 2009

I have a problem that I hope you might help me with.
I have a 63 corvair convertible.?We rebuilt the carburators, put in new plugs?and cranked it up after sitting 18 yrs in a Mich garage. It started right up and ran like it was new!
I now have?a problem with the key.
Do you know if the 63 had separate keys for the ignition & the trunk?
I have had this key in the ignition ( GM knock out #9309) for years but the ignition was not in the locked position (so we could start the car).
Now the key?does not work in the ignition/doors or trunk yet I believe it is the key to this corvair?? It has a 6 sided head , Briggs & Stratton on one side, GM on the other side. Is?there a way to use the key knock out number to?find out what type of car it is for?? Would it be tied to the VIN # for the car?
It looks like we will have to pull the door lock & have a locksmith make a key from that. Any other suggestions?