<VV> Corvair keys

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 25 15:55:07 EDT 2009

After some fifty years, you count yourself very lucky to still have an
original key to your car, if you do.  Many times, doors, dashes, glove
boxes, trunk locks and so on have been changed or replaced, not
necessarily being rekeyed to match the original at the time.  The only
way to "know" it is an original key is to be the original owner.

The locks could all match and still not be original, as someone could
have rekeyed them all to match a different key -- I have done this at
least once to a Corvair, so I would know I had the only keys that were
known to be to that vehicle.  And yes, the keys were on original GM
blanks, except the master that was used, an original GM number coded key.

Bill Strickland