<VV> I have a problem that I hope you might help me with.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jul 26 00:21:56 EDT 2009

The key you have is a B-10 blank. This blank was used by GM for most of
their cars from 1935 to 1966.

The 9309 is a code to let locksmiths cut the 6 landings on the blank at
the right height for a 9309 lock. The 9309 key could fit any GM vehicle
from 1935 to 1966, and probably actually fits millions of vehicles.
Hopefully not all sold in the same town...  If records were kept, there
may be a link between VIN and key codes, but the after market does not
have them.

BTW, code 9309 is a cut height of 334422, but this won't help unless you
are replacing the tumblers in the locks.

Before giving up, try Lock-Ease graphite in the locks. Put the key in
and out several times after applying lock ease, and wiggle the key. Try
the key in all locks, ignition, both doors, glove box and trunk.
Somewhere along the way a lock may have been changed, so more than one
key may be required.

Frank DuVal