<VV> Brakes grabbing

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 26 16:56:01 EDT 2009

AAAAHHHHHRRRGGGGHHHH>
Why is the first thing suggested to change the length of the MC push rod?
I'm at a loss to understand why that thing would EVER need adjusting if you
haven't changed MCs. It's NOT a matter of course to have to adjust that rod!
Granted, you may need to if converting to a different style MC, like a dual
system, but those things don't just go out of adjustment, unless of course,
someone thinks they need to adjust it when they don't.
This is bad advice. Sorry to jump on JR, it's not personal. I've seen it
suggested several times for unrelated issues and just grit my teeth then.

Obviously if the pedal can be unstuck by lifting it, the spring or pivot is
at fault. Lube the pivot, and check the spring for tension.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun