<VV> Electrical Problem with my 65 Convertible

NOVABIG at aol.com NOVABIG at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 20:57:45 EDT 2009

Hi!

  I have been working on my 65 Corvair Convertible must of the  weekend
replacing the wiring harness under the dash because the one that was in  there
had some issues from a previous owner.  All went well with installing  the
new wiring harness (this was not a "Brand New" harness but was taken out of
a 65 500 with 19,000 miles on it).  I plugged everything in and I have a
problem when I turn the headlight switch on. The gas gauge goes below "E" when
 the car is running or not.  I tried the old headlight switch with the same
 results.  The taillights worked with the turn signals with the key on
along  with the front right turn signal but not the left front.  So I tried to
eliminate items to see if it was a ground issue.  I unplugged the
headlights and front parking lights along with the rear taillights and  license plate
light but the gas gauge still goes below the "E" when the  lightswitch is
pulled on.  I am out of ideas on this one so I thought  maybe someone might
have another idea to try.

Thank you,

Tim Deal
Corsa Member