<VV> Electrical Problem with my 65 Convertible

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 23:17:00 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/26/2009 9:55:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
patiomatt at aol.com writes:

Dash  Ground!!  metal strip  on lower right corner of  cluster.

Matt Nall
Charleston,  Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm

Absolutely.  Gas gauge going to empty is a classic sign of a poor dash
ground.  The screw that holds the bottom of the dash to the dash frame just  to
the right of the steering column is either missing or not making a good
ground for the strap that comes down from the back of the gauge cluster to the
 screw hole.  Be sure you have a good ground at this location and the
problem will go away--or at least get you one step closer to the real  problem.
But I would bet that is the problem.  You did reinstall that  screw didn't
you?

Bob Hall

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd