<VV> Brakes grabbing (rubbing ?)

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 27 11:21:02 EDT 2009

I took the drums off before I read about the m/c clearance issue.  No
matter, at this point as I already have the brake springs for all
four wheels, so I might as well replace them.  During a visual of the
cylinders, I pulled back the dust covers and there was no leakage.
The wear of the pads appears by sight to be even, but I did not
caliper them.  I did notice that there is a crack on the corner of
the back left rear pad that cuts across the corner though the rivet
of the pad. Again, these pads are pretty new having only about 5
thousand miles on them, but I'm assuming that this would indicate
that they may need to be replaced.  I'm taking the drums in to have
them checked for round and thickness. I'll let you know what I find
as I find it.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110

The Original Four Door Sports Car