<VV> Gas gauge accuracy

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 12:36:54 EDT 2009

Tim,

There's an easy way and a slightly more difficult way.

The gas gauge is an ohmmeter, I can never remember which is the high resistance, F or E. You just need to get the right value resistor to put in series with the sender to pull?both readings down. That's the "easy" fix.

The correct solution (somewhat more difficult) is to pull the sender and adjust the float arm.

Ned