<VV> LM convertible top problem

Ronald Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 21:23:47 EDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 4:13 PM, virtualvairs-request at corvair.org wrote:LM
convertible top problem

The cable is green, square ends go into the motor (under the window)
and down to the gear drive down behind the trim panel (small hands can
reach it. If either screw cap isn't all the way in, the shafts will
slip and that side won't lift. And make noise. Listen for upper or
lower noise. I think the big lift gear train is pretty reliable. I'd
take the easy course and check for an insecure cable. It'll wiggle out
and you can clean and lube while you're at it.  -ron 65,,66