<VV> paint codes

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Jul 28 10:15:15 EDT 2009

Jeff,

I am not the expert on 1965 Corvairs, so I will defer to somebody else, but
there were most definitely two shades of colors used on some early model
interiors - a lighter color for the general interior and a darker color for
the dash and parts of the steering wheel.  A lot of things changed from one
year to the next, however, so we need to be specific about each model and
year to offer correct information.

As I recall, prior to sometime in 1963 all dash paint was glossy but was
changed in that year to flat and remained flat thereafter.

For 1964 cars I have documented the colors and degree of gloss in an article
previously published on page 6 of the Stock Corvair Group Newsletter Vol. 1
Issue 2 - you can find it here:

http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Taking_Stock_Vol1_Issue2.pdf

Bill Hubbell
President, SCG