<VV> Engine Tilt

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jun 1 00:37:23 EDT 2009

At 05:41 PM 5/31/2009, Rick Loving wrote:
>My 63 does the same thing, I was told by multiple individuals that the most
>likely culprit is the one of the trans mounts.

The only other likely cause is a loose nut on the trans mount bracket
or a missing bolt holding the bracket to the transmission.   If it's
either of those, fix it quick before an exciting adventure happens.

If not loose nuts and bolts:

Has the car started to vibrate noisily yet?   Once the offending
trans mount collapses completely and there's metal to metal contact,
you WILL be prompted to swap it out.

>I have bought new replacements, but have yet to install them.

...must not be completely gone just yet...  ;)

tony..