<VV> Tristate in Taos NM

Wayne B. afvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 09:58:13 EDT 2009

I made it home, after 14 hours of driving sunday, and 660 miles! The Tristate was fantastic. We left the host hotel at 7 am sunday, and got home at 9:15 p.m. The only bad weather the whole trip was one mile from home, when we got in a downpour. The turbo vert ran great, and luckily we had no car issues in our whole caravan.

Thanks to a club member, I found a spark plug wire just minutes before we left on the trip...thanks Burt! We came home a different way, going west out of Taos over the mountain we had just beautiful scenery up and over the mountain, stopping at the summit for some spectacular pictures of the New Mexico mountains. The ride into Chama was equally breathtaking. The turbo did get a little hot, up to 475 once...when I was climbing.

I have spent this evening downloading my pictures, and cutting the grass, and now at 10:30 p.m. sitting down to write this update. In the next day or so, I will try to write some more about the show.

The New Mexico folks did a wonderful job as usual, and I got to meet Russ, and Darren from the Corvair Center Forum...Russ is a young guy that is full of fun and energy and truly loves his Corsa...Darren is an equally fun guy who has a great love for corvairs and has an amazing convertible. You ought to hear his stereo in car, you wonder where all that great sound is coming from...cause in a convertible,there just isn't any room to put some serious speakers...but Darren has found a way! Oh, by the way...be nice to Darren, don't get him mad...he could break you in half if he wanted too...he looks like Rambo!

There were many great cars and plenty of great modifications to look at.

Here are my pictures of the Tristate, and more will come tommorrow night.

[picasaweb.google.com]

Wayne
Kaysville, Utah
BCC - Bonneville Corvair Club