<VV> Good reading

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Jun 2 18:19:39 EDT 2009

All:  The August Collector Automobile has a article on Trans-Am racing.
Included is a nice photo of the starting grid of the first TA race at
Sebring in 1965.  There are two LM Corvairs in the 3rd row.  Yes I know who
they are.

For you fans of Mark Donohue, (is there a road racer who is not a fan?)
David Bull Publishing has just released a biography of him, called "Mark
Donohue: Technical Excellence at Speed"  It is written by Michael
Argetsinger.  Some of you will also recognize the authors last name.  Son of
one of the movers and shakers in the 50's and 60's US sports car racing
scene.  The forward is by The Captain hisownself.  Brought tears to my eyes.

It is a gem of a book.  I can hardly put it down.  It is 344pg and $39.95
The better copy, at $99.95, is autographed by Mark's sons, various teammates
and The Captain hasownself, and also includes a audio CD of Mark discussing
his big breakthrough as a driver.

Call David Bull Publications @ 1-800-831-1758

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice