<VV> Rear Motor Mount Replacement

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 16:19:03 EDT 2009

All,

Thanks to all for your help and advise on how to support the engine during my rear motor mount replacement project.

The motor mount was replaced successfully.  I supported the engine weight with a block of wood and a screw jack under the rear plate that is sandwiched between the rear motor bracket and rear engine housing.  I used a block of wood and a floor jack under the rear of the oil pan for a backup safety support but did not actually use it to support the engine.  The block of wood under the oil pan was the width of the oil pan and would have supported the engine by hitting the top of the pan bolts, should this method of support have been necessary.  Approximate dimensions were 9"x11.5"x3/4".  The wood under the rear plate was approximately 11.5"x5"x3/4".

Erich Meyer

'66 Monza Cpe, 110/PG

CORSA MEMBER #4732