<VV> current tech topic in communique

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 4 11:21:09 EDT 2009

Hi Chris, This of course is an age old arguement (just when we were starting to get along again too) and a lot depends upon your preferences. I filled a crankcase with gasoline 20 years ago due to a faulty/internally leaking fuel pump and have since never been able to fully trust the mechanical pumps again though I have one in my '69 convert. #2891.I prefer the electric pumps mounted near the gas tank. Then I get rid of the original fuel pump rod (that rides on the eccentric off the crankshaft) and gut the original fuel pump and replace the "center" section with a dummy section purchased from Wes Jewett (he advertises in the Communique). This way I can still use the original fuel lines and not fear something breaking the lines (fan belt?).This is what I like to do and many will agree and many will not.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado