<VV> Running oil temp normalcy

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 7 02:35:12 EDT 2009

Easier said than done.  Because of its location in the block, it is
nearly impossible to get to and removing it (if that were even
feasible) would drain the oil onto the skid plate.  I get your idea,
though.  Perhaps if I can locate the same sensor at the FLAPS where I
bought it, I could purchase a new one and try it that way.  The main
problem with that is that I purchased it over five years ago and the
manufacturer could have made changes to the very same stock number.
It is certainly worth considering.  One thing that I just though of,
I do have the Clarks ultimate pan that has the extra plug for a
sensor.  If I could put in a temporary second sensor at that
location, I could test it in water first and then mount it on the pan
and test the readings on both gauges.

Thanks,

Stephen