<VV> Carter YH question

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 8 13:21:07 EDT 2009

Jim, You are probably reading the older pre-Corvair manual. Our carbs don't have a removable low speed jet and the other things are simply holes/passages in the carb on the side of the fuel bowl. Just blow through them all with some spray carb cleaner and watch where it exits in the venturi and see that they are cleared. One cantankerous passage is the one from the throttle body to the choke, so it should be checked. It is infamous for choking or plugging with carbon and can wreak havoc on your idle and off idle response. Also check to see that the 3 passages in the throttlebody (vacuum air bleed, vacuum restriction, and idle port - and only accessible when it is removed) are clear. Cleaning these could help. Hope this helps,
Grant