<VV> Correct Installation of a Fitch Roof

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 20:03:18 EDT 2009

OK I have one on my '69. It is held on at the front by a small series of counter sunk silver screws. They are the kind that is used to hold the door panels on. They have a built in cone shaped washer so the screw does not dig into the material at the final turns.

 On the sail sides there are two studs on the bottom that must be attached to the fenders by nuts from the bottom You gotta drilll holes. Some people have epoxied on the front, but it is bi&@#$ to get back off and must be put on perfectly.

 Others add a bead of clear RTV to the front to help hold it down. I've put 6K miles on mine since the rebuild and it has'nt come off yet.

MIKE KOVACS