<VV> V8 Conversion

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 15:45:40 EDT 2009

 What I've busted is third gear, typically. And for the obvious reasons. It's where the boost REALLY comes on, and it's the weakest of the gears, being closest to the notoriously weak needle bearings inside the input gear. Never busted anything doing a hole shot, etc.
Usually these broke right in the middle of a hard pull. Never upon engagement of the clutch.

My reason for recommending the LSx is they are plentiful, modern, hardly any heavier than the 215, and reasonably priced while being powerful and most examples being new enough to use without a rebuild. I'll bet for every 215 (and its variants) you find, there's gotta be DOZENS of LSx's.