<VV> vote for Nader (opinion)

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 14 15:11:09 EDT 2009

<snip>
I almost didn't open a post with that as the subject....

But, seeing who it was from, I went ahead.  So, you will have a
funeral for
the poster - something involving ashes?

Later, JR

___________

I don't understand the reviling of old Ralph by the Corvair
community.  His misguided and erroneous depiction of the Corvair only
accomplished three things that I can tell:

It caused the the production of all Corvairs from 1967-69.
It made our cars a collectors item because of those back in the late
60's and early 70's who thought they would be a collectors' item some
day.
It gave us a huge supply of cheap used parts from those very same
cars after the owners realized that they really weren't worth what
they had hoped they would be.

We should make him an honorary member of CORSA.

Poor Ralph, he tried to kill the Corvair and 50 years later there is
a national organization and hundreds of local chapters dedicated to
the preservation and promotion of the Corvair worldwide and thousands
of Corvairs still on the road.

Well he tried,

and he was just as successful as he was in his numerous bids for
president.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum //