<VV> Corvair Stalling

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 15:13:29 EDT 2009

I have been working on a 65 engine in a 64 with auto and it was stalling and would quit running.  Took a compression check and found #1 cylinder compression at 105. the rest werer 120-130.  Was getting a lot of blowby into the crank case.  I am in the process of taking the engine out for a overhaul.  I had the same problem with a 1965 and the problem cleared after the overhaul. The engines don't have enough power.  Stall converters may help to.

Jerry